Wednesday 18 March 2009

Oh, I'm bad...

At updating my blog that is. No more excuses, I just don't make the time to update it as often as I would like to. I have a sneaking suspicion that once I am no longer the lady of the house (ie. when my landlord/housemate returns from her vacation) I will be spending a bit more time on my computer... but don't hold me to that.

Work has started and I'm 8 days in and LOVE it. It's similar to some of the jobs I've done before (dealing with tourists who don't speak English, repeating myself 400 times a day, smiling/standing for many hours at a time...) but I love it. I love tourists and I love that I get the chance to meet so many great people each day.

Today one of the members of the House of Lords was chatting to me about life in Toronto - apparently he lived in my neighbourhood for some time a few years back. As dumb as this sounds, it made me feel really good to have one of the Lords chat with me so candidly about things. It's like we are old friends already... well, almost. Let's see if we ever cross paths again.

My friend Kathryn and her lovely boyfriend Brian got engaged last week and have asked me to be a bridesmaid at their wedding next year. I am SO HAPPY for them and so looking forward to being a part of their day. I haven't stopped smiling since they shared the news with me. CONGRATS, again!

What else??? OH! I am going to Dublin in July to see U2 at Croke Park. I am told it will be SPECTACULAR! I cannot wait! My friend Evan is a huge fan and travels great distances to see them and was kind enough to invite me along this time. Cheers, Woody (so-called because of his uncanny resemblance to Woody from TOY STORY).

That's it that's all from me for now. Maybe one day I'll get back into this... guess it just shows that I am busy and happy and doing many exciting things. Right? Hopefully.

x

No comments: