Friday 27 February 2009

Another day, another trip to IKEA

After four nights in my new home (and in my new giant and oh-so-comfortable bed) I decided a trip back to IKEA to pick out the perfect pillows was in order. So after an afternoon of walking around Central London and a delicious meal at Wagamama I took the bus all the way to the Angel Road Superstores and picked out two fantastic pillows (and a two pairs of pillow cases, a second fitted sheet for my super king size mattress, a cutting board and some cloth storage boxes for my mirror/shelving unit thingy... photos to follow in a later post).

I've really enjoyed the first few days and nights in my new home and while I am liking having the whole place to myself, I am anxious for some company. I discovered a few years back while living on my own in Toronto that I don't like to live alone. I feel safe and secure, but I get lonely without anyone to talk to. Anyone who has lived with me, or had me to their place to stay for a few days, knows I like to talk pretty much all the time. I have another few weeks of solo time in the house but am expecting a couple of guests next weekend - my housemate/landlord's brother and his friend are coming to stay in the big city for a couple days - and hopefully more before the month is out.

Today, the last day of February, I am going to shake off some of my bad habits and allow myself to follow the healthy/motivated/determined path to a better me. I am sticking to this plan this time because, well, I really want to make some changes. As inspiration for this big change I am looking to a wonderful woman I met two years ago. She is intelligent, talented, confident, beautiful, heartfelt, generous, kind and brave. She is my friend Nicole (the one who got me started on blogging, thankyouverymuch) and today is her birthday.

Nicole, I wish you the very happiest of birthdays and hope that this is your greatest and happiest year yet! I am in awe of all of the amazing things you have done in the short time that I have known you, and am even more impressed with each and every new thing I learn about you. You really have inspired me to push myself towards finding a healthier me and to enjoying the long and painful road that I will have to follow to get there. Happy Birthday and thank you for being your lovely self. I wish we lived closer together.

More news to come. I start work the second week of March and I am pretty excited for it. But will certainly enjoy another week of relaxing and sleeping in. Will keep y'all posted.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my!! Renee, thank you for the extremely kind words. That meant so much to me!! xoxox