Tuesday 24 February 2009

New House

As promised, here is an update about my new home.

I moved in yesterday and shortly thereafter headed to IKEA (one of my very favourite shops in the world!) to pick out a duvet and duvet cover and some odds and ends. I found a very cosy duvet (9 tog) and a simple yet lovely white duvet cover. I know, I know, white isn't the wisest of choices because it will look dirty more quickly than others, but it just looks so nice in my new room!


Now, I have moved in and will be sharing the house with its owner (a lovely girl, just two years older than me) and another housemate we have yet to find. At the moment Jo is on vacation so I will have until the end of March to get settled and make this space feel like home, on my own. I am already loving all the space and freedom to do as I like, but I will be glad for my housemate's return, as I do get lonely/bored without much to do. (Still haven't found out when I start work, so once the initial cleaning/unpacking, etc. is done I will be quite bored during the day I reckon).

The kitchen is lovely and I am looking forward to cooking big healthy meals, but tonight wasn't able to carry very many ingredients back from the shop on the bus. I got a few 'essentials' (bread, milk, lettuce, tea, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, jam...) but will have to make another trip to a larger shop tomorrow or the next day. In fact, I may go back to the retail park where IKEA is because there is a giant grocery shop just next to it. We shall see.



The living room/dining area of the house is nice and big with two pullout sofas (very guest-friendly house) and the bathroom is the perfect size with a wonderfully powerful and warm shower (and bath of course, if you're a bath sort of person). My bedroom is the largest in the house and there is a massive wall unit for storing my clothes, shoes, etc. It has more room than I have clothes to fill it, but it's also big enough to keep my suitcases out of the way, to keep the room looking nice and tidy.


I just have to find the correct vacuum bags for the vacuum we have so I can clean up the rug in my bedroom and the one in the living room, other than that I'm almost settled in. Oh, and I still have to head back to Essex to my aunt and uncle's place to get the rest of my things. They will drive me back to London and will be the first to see my new home... unless one of you reading this gets in touch and wants to pop by first : )

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It's SO lovely! Yay!!! xox

Anonymous said...

I love your place, Renee! It looks so warm and confortable. Have fun settling in and getting to know your new neighbourhood :)