Friday 13 February 2009

OH DEAR

Where or where have I been? Truth be told, I've been online and just haven't taken the time to write on my poor little blog. I think it's mostly because I'm still using other people's computers and internet connections and I feel a bit bad when I check ALL of my emails, browse for jobs and spend time on facebook and such that I just don't feel like I should stay on longer to write on here. Stupid excuses, I know.

There is SO much to write about and it's already pretty late so I will let you know what things are to come... soon!

1) The snow storm that hit the UK - photos of Brighton and Hove included
2) My shopping adventures - maybe some photos, if I can be bothered to take some
3) My house hunting - SUCCESS! I move into a lovely house in North London in a couple of weeks
4) My continued job search - which is not as necessary as it was before because I GOT A JOB!!!!

I will elaborate on this last point before I sign off. I applied for a job as a Visitor Assistant at the Houses of Parliament before I left Canada. Due to all of the security clearances needed even for an interview, it took them some time to get things in order. On February 4 I had my interview and left feeling very confident - especially once they told me that over 300 people had applied! On February 11 I received a provisional job offer from them! What a great week it has been. I don't yet know when I will start (because they have to do reference checks this coming week and make sure that I'm healthy and not a crazy person before they offer me something for sure), but I will keep you posted because I PROMISE to be better at writing here. I can promise that once I move into my new house (sometime the week of the 23rd) I will be on here more often.

That's that from me - stay tuned (or come back at the end of the month) for more stories.
x

OH! One more thing: The photos below were taken in Witham, Essex where my Aunt and Uncle live. The county got a month's worth of rainfall in one night and all of that rain water combined with some melted snow from earlier in the week caused the rivers to rise and the following images could be seen throughout Essex. Wet, wet, wet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the job and the house, Renee! Excellent news. Keep us posted once you start working and move in :)

Nicole said...

Yay for an update! Can't wait to see photos and hear more about this job! xo